NCGA member benefits deliver exceptional value to “make your green go further.” Here’s just a sample of your benefits:
- Member rates at Poppy Hills and Poppy Ridge (up to 75% off),
- Discounts including free lessons/clinics and booking your next round via our exclusive online tee time portal,
- A USGA-format handicap, which allows a golfer to post scores at thousands of golf courses across the country,
- Exclusive seasonal discounts at numerous resorts, hotels and courses, including Pebble Beach resort courses, via members-only e-deals,
- Members-Only Outings at Private/Resort courses not normally available to the public,
- A subscription to NCGA Golf, the largest regional golf association magazine in the United States,
- Discounts on American Airlines flights, at hotels throughout Northern California, on Dell computers and Verizon wireless service, and more!
Since 1901, the NCGA has been serving the golfers of Northern California in an effort to provide an enjoyable and fulfilling golf experience. We deliver a series of on-course rules seminars offered throughout Northern California, and NCGA members can have their rules questions answered by our in-house experts. The NCGA serves as an information resource on turf grass and water issues for all NCGA member clubs and golf course superintendents, and we sponsor a highly competitive superintendent intern program to provide on-the-job training designed to prepare individuals for a career in course maintenance management. Through our nationally recognized P.J. Boatwright Internship Program, and our two golf courses, we work to enhance career advancement for many young golf professionals and related industry practitioners. Lastly, through our partnership with the California Alliance for Golf, we serve as an advocate for golf before the state legislature and other governmental bodies.
In addition to the rewards and programs above, we hope you also feel your membership is rewarding, given the many altruistic aspects of our organization. For example, the NCGA Foundation - the charitable arm of the NCGA - seeks to promote life skills and values through the game of golf to deserving youth in communities across Northern California. This includes the Youth on Course continuum, which offers the youth of Northern California access to golf courses by subsidizing discounted green fees so a child pays no more than $5. If you would like to know more about helping the NCGA Foundation fulfill its mission, please click here.
We encourage you to visit our website, www.ncga.org, to learn more about our organization, or if we can assist you further.